The most correct and optimal treatment for schizophrenia is considered to be a comprehensive treatment, which includes:
· Drug treatment;
· Non-drug methods of treatment;
· Psychosocial impact: cognitive- behavioral therapy, meta-cognitive training, professional employment, social skills training, family psychotherapy, psychoeducation .
About 30% of patients with schizophrenia are resistant to medical treatment (psychotropic drugs). In addition, patients with schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, personality schizotypal disorder may not be critical of their own illness and mental state.
Among the symptoms of schizophrenia there are negative symptoms, which consist in emotional and volitional disorders, neurocognitive deficits (lack of executive functioning, impaired thinking).
Relatives with schizophrenia can be advised to observe the following points:
· Drawing up together with the patient of the regime of the day;
· Assistance in adherence to the schedule of taking medications;
· A sick relative should always be in touch;
• caring for a person with schizophrenia can be exhausting, so you need to find time for yourself;
· It is necessary to be calm and patient;
· If necessary, you should join support groups for relatives of patients with schizophrenia.
In the clinic of Doctor of Medical Sciences V.L. For a minute, patients with schizophrenia are treated using modern methods.